Easy Walking Holidays
Would you like to see the special birds of Scotland, but without too much exertion? We know many people want to see Capercaillie, Golden Eagle, Scottish Crossbill, Black Grouse, Crested Tit and all the other Scottish specials, but may not be as able to get around as other birders. Our ‘Easy Walking’ holidays involve no more than one mile each day, and sometimes hardly any walking at all. You can choose dates throughout the year, so you can still enjoy birding in Scotland whenever you want, and you will visit special places by comfortable minibus and stop close to the best birding sites. Don't worry about the quality of your birding; Scotland offers many thrills, and we will find special birds close to transport whenever you decide to join us.
In 2015, most Easy Walking holidays include a trip by funicular railway to the top of Cairngorm, and from the top station we frequently see key birds. Ptarmigan are perhaps our big target here, though Dotterel can be seen, and else where on the mountain Ring Ouzel and Snow Bunting are very possible too. Later on this day we will visit local sites where birding is exciting and easily accessible, places you otherwise might not visit.
Over recent seasons these holidays have become very popular, and many guests join two or even three per year. We are often told how difficult it can be to find holidays designed for those who want easier walking – with Heatherlea you don’t need to worry. You will find a wide choice of suitable holidays at all times of the year. You don't need to miss out on Scotland's special birds!
All other aspects of your Heatherlea birdwatching holiday are as published elsewhere on this website. Comfortable en-suite accommodation, great food, glorious mountain views, skilled and attentive guides...and don't forget our courtesy collect and return service to Aviemore rail and coach. Wonderful birdwatching from start to finish!
2015 dates please click links for full details ...
- NEW YEAR BIRDLIST BOOSTER 17 January - 24 January
- HIGHLAND WINTER BIRDING 28 February - 7 March
- 'THE TOP TWENTY' - The Best of Highland Wildlife in Winter 7 March - 14 March
- SPRING INTO SCOTLAND including Mull 4 April - 11 April
- HIGH SEASON ACROSS THE HIGHLANDS 6 June - 13 June
- HIGHLANDS AND ORKNEY 13 June - 20 June
- HIGHLAND WILDLIFE 4 July - 11 July
- EAGLES, DIVERS and DOTTEREL 11 July– 18 July
- AUTUMN MIGRATION AND SCOTTISH SPECIALS 5 September - 12 September
- THE ‘OUTER LIMITS’ ADVENTURE 3 October - 10 October
- ‘THE TOP TWENTY’ the best of Highland wildlife in Autumn 10 October - 17 October
- LATE AUTUMN IN THE HIGHLANDS 24 October - 31 October
- BIRDS of STRATHSPEY all dates spring and autumn
Prices and other details are as published elsewhere on this website. Your 'Birdwatching with Easy Walking' holiday may run alongside a similar group involving more walking.