Easy Walking Holidays
Would you like to see the special birds of Scotland, but without too much exertion? We know many people want to see Capercaillie, Golden Eagle, Scottish Crossbill, Black Grouse, Crested Tit and all the other Scottish specials, but may not be as able to get around as other birders. Our ‘Easy Walking’ holidays involve no more than one mile each day, and sometimes hardly any walking at all. You can choose dates throughout the year, so you can still enjoy birding in Scotland whenever you want, and you will visit special places by comfortable minibus and stop close to the best birding sites. Don't worry about the quality of your birding; Scotland offers many thrills, and we will find special birds close to transport whenever you decide to join us.
In 2013, most Easy Walking holidays include a trip by funicular railway to the top of Cairngorm, and from the top station we frequently see key birds. Ptarmigan are perhaps our big target here, though Dotterel can be seen, and else where on the mountain Ring Ouzel and Snow Bunting are very possible too. Later on this day we will visit local sites where birding is exciting and easily accessible, places you otherwise might not visit.
Over recent seasons these holidays have become very popular, and many guests join two or even three per year. We are often told how difficult it can be to find holidays designed for those who want easier walking – with Heatherlea you don’t need to worry. You will find a wide choice of suitable holidays at all times of the year. You don't need to miss out on Scotland's special birds!
All other aspects of your Heatherlea birdwatching holiday are as published elsewhere on this website. Comfortable en-suite accommodation, great food, glorious mountain views, skilled and attentive guides...and don't forget our courtesy collect and return service to Aviemore rail and coach. Wonderful birdwatching from start to finish!
2013 dates please click links for full details ...
- HIGHLAND WINTER BIRDING 2 March - 9 March 2013
- 'THE TOP TWENTY' - The Best of Highland Wildlife in Winter 9 March - 16 March 2013
- SPRING INTO SCOTLAND including Mull 6 April - 13 April 2013
- BIRDING THE HIGHLANDS IN MAY 18 May - 25 May 2013
- HIGH SEASON ACROSS THE HIGHLANDS 25 May - 1 June 2013
- HIGHLANDS & ORKNEY 15 June - 22 June 2013
- NATURAL HISTORY OF NORTHERN SCOTLAND 29 June - 6 July 2013
- EAGLES, DIVERS and DOTTEREL 13 July– 20 July 2013
- SCOTTISH SPECIALITIES and AUTUMN MIGRATION 7 September - 14 September 2013
- THE ‘OUTER LIMITS’ ADVENTURE 5 October - 12 October 2013
- ‘THE TOP TWENTY’ the best of Highland wildlife in Autumn 12 October - 19 October 2013
- LATE AUTUMN IN THE HIGHLANDS 2 November - 9 November 2013
Prices and other details are as published elsewhere on this website. Your 'Birdwatching with Easy Walking' holiday may run alongside a similar group involving more walking.